Dance Pad, by Joe
At PF Chang’s where Carla worked, the consignee met Dad, and said, "I know you, you’re the DDR Dad. Carla told me about you".
He was really fun to do the Dance Pad with, because, he would always do the easy mode, while Brian and I would do a harder mode.
And he thought he was better at it than we were. But he wasn’t, because he was in the easier mode all the time.
He hooked up a big stereo up to the TV during the dance pad, so that we had surround sound. And he put flashing lights on the dance pad.
One of the dance pad’s arrows broke. He actually took it apart and tried to fix it. He fixed the up arrow so that it would work, but you had to press it a little harder. Then he fixed the right arrow, but now the right arrow does rapid fire if you press too hard. He would set up the strobe light and have it flash while you danced.
Every time a new visitor would come over that hadn’t seen it yet, Dad would let Brian and I first show them, and then he would show them. He knew that we were doing the faster moves and he wanted them to see the "professionals" do it.
I remember the night that he got the dance pad. He told us like a week earlier before it had gotten to our door. When he told us, he said that he got the one that we said was the best. He had listened to us. He didn’t just get the one that he thought was cool, he got what we said was best.
When we did the dance pads, Dad would make a certain face. He would put his top lip over his bottom lip.
At PF Chang’s where Carla worked, the consignee met Dad, and said, "I know you, you’re the DDR Dad. Carla told me about you".He was really fun to do the Dance Pad with, because, he would always do the easy mode, while Brian and I would do a harder mode.
And he thought he was better at it than we were. But he wasn’t, because he was in the easier mode all the time.
He hooked up a big stereo up to the TV during the dance pad, so that we had surround sound. And he put flashing lights on the dance pad.
One of the dance pad’s arrows broke. He actually took it apart and tried to fix it. He fixed the up arrow so that it would work, but you had to press it a little harder. Then he fixed the right arrow, but now the right arrow does rapid fire if you press too hard. He would set up the strobe light and have it flash while you danced.
Every time a new visitor would come over that hadn’t seen it yet, Dad would let Brian and I first show them, and then he would show them. He knew that we were doing the faster moves and he wanted them to see the "professionals" do it.
I remember the night that he got the dance pad. He told us like a week earlier before it had gotten to our door. When he told us, he said that he got the one that we said was the best. He had listened to us. He didn’t just get the one that he thought was cool, he got what we said was best.
When we did the dance pads, Dad would make a certain face. He would put his top lip over his bottom lip.
Writen by Joe Hinkle
Update - 2012 - Joe has totally followed in Dad's footsteps - check out his new website… http://impactgamesstudio.com/
Update - 2012 - Joe has totally followed in Dad's footsteps - check out his new website… http://impactgamesstudio.com/

2 comments:
Hey Ms. Kitty! I finished my blog - finally. I hope some veterans read it and comment on it. I'm glad you showed me how to do this. Thank you. Your right about that widow thing. Every time I hear that word, I picture a lady waring all black, with a tissue in her hand. You change that picture around! It's like you went through a valley and now I - everyone - sees you on top of the mountain. I hope this doesn't sound to mushy gushy. =) Anyway, I hope you stay up top for a good long time! I'll be praying for you! Love, Katherine
Keep up the good work.
Post a Comment